Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

Celebrating another year of friendship: Amy, Sheri and Jennie


Happy 2011 Everyone! I know it's cliche to say it, but I can't believe 2010 is over. 2010 had a bit of a rough start for me, but it ended well and 2011 looks better than ever!


My friend, Jennie, is a great planner and executive coach and she gave me two simple exercises to help get in the right frame of mind for the new year.


First off, choose a word that you would like to set the tone for 2011. Just one word. I chose "GROWTH". Pretty self explanatory and it covers all areas of my life, both in career and personal relationships.


Secondly, a list! Many people make to-do lists, but we often forget to take the time to reflect on what we've accomplished. The end of the year is a great time to make a "Done" list! Here are some of the highlights from 2010:


- Aubrey turned three, started preschool, learned to swim and is 99% potty trained!! 
- Formed a relationship with a new talent manager
- Booked the most college shows ever (personally) off of a regional NACA showcase
- My sit-com pilot was selected as a top 5 finalist in the MAPID TV Pilot Shootout Contest
- Attended my 20th high school reunion and felt pretty darn good about myself
- Found and hired a nanny that doesn't appear to be a total nut case
- Headlined my first comedy club shows in Asia (Hong Kong)
- Joined forces with Wendy Liebman, Jennifer Rawlings and Judy Gold to form The Mom Squad comedy tour (coming soon to a club or theater near you!)


2010 was what I would consider a slow, difficult year but after looking at this list, I feel a little better about the things I did accomplish and it definitely helps me feel ready to move forward... GROWTH!


Here's to an amazing 2011! May your new year be filled with happiness, prosperity and joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment