Monday, February 7, 2011

McDonald's Oatmeal Is Here! Yipee!


Last month, the good people at McDonald's asked me to host a breakfast for friends at a local McDonald's to introduce their new Fruit & Maple Oatmeal to everyone. I'm not a huge advocate of fast food consumption, but as a comedian on the road and a busy, single mom, it is part of my reality from time to time. I'm not one to be a big hypocrite, especially when it comes to food and I was already eating the Starbucks oatmeal on a regular basis in countless airports across the country, so I was actually pretty excited to see how Ronald's oats compared.

I gathered a group of friends from different walks of life (including some fellow blogger moms, my nanny, her relatives and a couple comedians) and we sat down with Monica, a registered nutritionist for McDonald's, and talked about the good, the bad and the ugly.
We got the full service treatment... yup

We all know that French fries and chicken McNuggets are not the way to go on a regular basis, but you might be surprised to know that McDonald's is offering more and more healthy options, like milk, apple slices, water, premium salads, fruit and yogurt parfaits and now... OATMEAL!
Three clowns and a nutritionist
The oatmeal can be modified to your taste and/or dietary restrictions but my personal fave was with all of the toppings which included brown sugar, real maple syrup, apples, a touch of cream, raisins and dried cranberries. You'll be happy to know that the new Fruit & Maple oatmeal is available ALL DAY (not just breakfast) and each bowl contains two servings of whole grains and a half a cup of real fruit. It's also rich in Vitamin C and I will tell you, first hand, it's really good! I had never tried apples in my oatmeal before, but I'm hooked.
You can order your oatmeal without the brown sugar and the rest of the toppings are controlled by you. I give the new Fruit & Maple Oatmeal a big thumbs up. Who wouldn't want another fast, healthy option at an affordable restaurant? And you can still top if off with a hash brown if you really want too.

No comments:

Post a Comment