Monday, December 12, 2011

Fresh And Easy Does It Again!

I always like to eat, but eating during the holidays is one of my favorite things. I allow myself to let loose in the food department and the belt department and reflect on the year that has passed and the year to come whilst stuffing my face. 


And I like it all - savory, sweet, sugary, meaty, fruity, chocolatey, liquory and my most favorite of all... BUTTERY.
The fine folks of Fresh And Easy (my FAVORITE grocery store on the planet) invited me down to a Holiday face stuffing extravaganza last week which was awesome within itself, but the venue was amazing as well - The Queen Mary Verandah Grill. It was my first time on the QM and it was a beautiful night to gorge oneself on a ship.
I LOVE Fresh And Easy and their holiday specialities this year are amazing! Grab one of their Holiday Guides or view it online, and go to town. You can even order an entire fresh cooked holiday meal for 8 of turkey, ham or beef roast from between $45-$65!! Just be sure to order by December 18 if you would like to have it for Christmas.
The San Fernando Valley Ninja Moms - We are STEALTH! (BTW, I just made that name up. We're not really ninjas.) 
There's a lot to choose from and lots of it is seasonal so don't wait or it will be gone. Some of the items we sampled were the...

Cheeses, meats, veggies, nuts and dried fruits, crackers, salad and shrimp cocktail...

Petite Quiche (come in 3-cheese and Florentine, frozen section), 


Sweet sausage and yam skewers (YAY Chef Cindy!!), 

mini beef en croutes and brie & cranberry pastry puffs


Pie bites (apple raspberry & chocolate caramel, frozen section) & mini eclairs, pumpkin cheesecake pie, holiday cookies...
And of course, we all left with a giant bag of holiday goodies to sample and share with friends:


Aubrey and Bob Barker are ready for the holidays!

Belgian Biscuits, Dark Chocolate Nut & cranberry Squares,  Pumpkin Bread Mix, Orange Spice Granola, Napa Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Organic Cinnamon Flavored Coffee, Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix, Panettone, Peppermint Bark, Swiss Dark & Milk Chocolate Truffles, Vermont Maple Syrup With Vanilla Bean


Aubrey is in love with the peppermint hot cocoa and we munched some of those truffles in the movie theater over the weekend. Shhh... don't tell. That's what the "mom purse" is for after all. Tonight I'm going to bring the wine and biscuits over to a friend's house to share and the rest is MINE!! ALL MINE!!!! Mwahahaha! I'll be cracking open the rest over the holiday week at home with Aubrey. I especially can't wait try the vanilla bean maple syrup on my homemade pancakes :)


Food makes a great holiday gift and I haven't tired a single thing from Fresh And Easy that I haven't liked yet. Great prices, amazing natural products with no corn syrup, no artificial colors or flavors and minimal use of preservatives. Stop by and pick up a gift - even if it's just for you!


Happy Holiday Eating everyone and thank you, Fresh And Easy, for a fantastic kick off to the holiday party season!

No comments:

Post a Comment